Thursday, January 29, 2009

Well Again!

Well, I think we're finally over our colds. Ellie was the first to get sick, with congestion and wheezing. Dr. Anna prescribed three different medications and breathing treatments. I think Ellie was already on the downside of her crud by the time she went to the doctor, so she got over it pretty soon after that. It was really her first cold, so we've been fortunate that she's been healthy.

Here are some of the latest happenings around Karasek Park:

Ellie
  • Within the last couple of weeks has become VERY mobile. She can crawl, move into a sitting position, and she can pull herself up. The pulling up is a little scary right now, since she doesn't know how to get back down.
  • Has 8 teeth.
  • Is eating quite a bit. Like her brother before her - she can put down some avocado.
  • Now takes bath in the bathtub with John. We bought a bath seat for her.
  • Has started to annoy John because she grabs at his toys.
  • Helped me wake up this morning by punching me in the nose. I forgave her right away because she smiled.
John
  • Likes to play "altar boy". This is where he carries a cross and Katy carries a candle down the hallway while humming "Ode to Joy". He enjoyed showing me this after I got home from work. He really got into it when I said I was going to be Father Patrick (our priest at St. Anthony). I put a blanket around me and held his little children's Bible as we processed down the hall. And there we were - our little domestic church!
  • Could it be - math? The light fixture over my mirror in the bathroom has two bulbs - the one over Katy's has three. John came in, looked at the lights, pointed up at the lights over my mirror and said, "it's missing one." I'm not sure where that came from or if he knew what he was talking about. But it was interesting.
  • Latest books:
  • Throughout the day asks to take a bath - so he can play with the bath toys that Aunt Nan and Uncle Laton gave him.
  • Went on a "Daddy date" Tuesday morning to Discount Tire and Dairy Queen.
  • Learned how to throw his "whiny voice" into the trash can and use his "big boy voice".

No comments: