Friday, January 9, 2009

A New Uncle

Congratulations to Beth and Jeremy!

John and Ellie are excited about having a new uncle!

Here are some pictures from Aunt Beth's wedding. I stole these from Lindi's Facebook page, so I have to give her credit. I didn't take any pictures with my camera, so I'll have to hunt down some of the folks that had cameras that night.


Side Notes
John:
  • His favorite book right now - The Mysterious Giant of Barletta. After a few nights of reading it to him, I think he's picked up quite a bit. He's got some of it memorized. I'll stop reading, and he'll finish the sentence. It's fun to try to stump him on the harder words, but he seems to do pretty well with them - "Adriatic coast" "Zia Concetta" "San Sepolcro" "Captain Minckion" "pedestal" and "lieutenants" (He says "wootenants", but close enough. We're still working on the "L" sound!).
Ellie:
  • Seems like she's changed so much in the last couple of weeks. She's battling something off - she's got a low fever and hasn't been sleeping well. I remember John going through this kind of thing when he was her age and remember that he was able to get over the crud pretty quickly. Hopefully Ellie will be the same.
  • I gave her some avocado yesterday, and she really liked it. She was just too congested to eat very much. If she's anything like John, avocado will become a staple on our grocery list.

No comments: